pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Growth.

Update on the seedlings!

It still amazes me that these  tiny seeds have started to grow into little plants - something I'm conflicted about each day as I walk through a city filled with trees, plants, bushes, and weeds.  I'm aware that things grow, but there is something different about a plant growing from a seed you watched being planted.

Basil Sprouts

There are many kinds of growth, spiritual, physical, etc. - but few that can be observed so readily and with such immediate results as a swiftly growing plant.  In short I'm impressed with how well, and how rapidly these small life forms begin to mature.  I stand to learn from their example!

Squash

3 comments:

  1. It is fascinating to watch seeds/seedlings grow from almost nothing. I'm always amazed how they know which way is up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wonder if I keep starring at them will they grow faster?

    I'm trying to propagate store-bought rosemary at the moment. Will let you know if I succeed.

    ReplyDelete